Advantages for both industry & academic research and development
The UVA/Padova T1DMS allows the user to design experiments which examine and tune control algorithms for insulin dosing strategies and also guide and focus the emphasis of protocol designs for clinical studies.
Insights at the individual level The T1DMS Advantage
Most diabetes models provide only average population-level responses to different treatment strategies based on study cohorts of randomized controlled clinical trials. Pre-clinical testing and experiments using the UVA/Padova T1DMS are conducted at the level of an individual subject providing insight into the intra- and inter-personal differences seen in humans in response to the treatment protocol.
- Individualized, intra-personal results
- Inter-personal differences are revealed across the spectrum of human variation
- Model design that can be identical to a proposed clinical study*
- Individual real-time glucose traces* for visual understanding of insulin-glucose fluctuation
* Population results are calculated from the individual results as in a clinical trial
TEG simulation engineers will work with you to design experiments which optimize control algorithms for glucose measurement accuracy, insulin dosing calculations and also guide and focus the emphasis of protocol design for clinical studies.